One of the main goals of ICAS is the preparation and organization of international amateur sports competitions, including various sports. These are big sporting events under the brand “THE WORLD AMATEUR GAMES, WAG”, uniting amateur athletes from different countries, held in the form of sports festivals. At such festivals, in addition to sports competitions held by competent and experienced organizers in various sports, an extensive cultural program is provided, including festive events, concerts, presentations of cities and countries hosting competitions, sports, cultural, tourism and economic forums.
Multi-sports Games, gathering thousands participants in one place, are of indisputable value on the one hand for sports amateurs who combine competitions and recreation, who come to the games on their own, paying for transportation and living expenses. On the other hand, the Games are valuable for host countries and cities. The image of the country is increasing, its tourist attractiveness is increasing, the income of the population is increasing during the Games and in subsequent periods, with little preparation costs compared to professional competitions. This project has a serious cultural, economic and socio-political significance. ICAS currently has a significant information base on participants in amateur competitions, established contacts and connections with specialized sports organizations and sufficient experience in the preparation and organization of such sports events.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS ICAS 2018-2019
1. Open Russian Team Championship in amateur tennis. August 25-26, 2018 Tennis Academy. N.N. Ozerova, Ryazan, Russia. The competition was held with the support of ICAS and the Amateur Tour of the FTR.
2. Team Tennis Tournament, People’s Republic of China, Sanya, Hainan Island, February 21-25, 2018.
3. Festival of amateur sports in Turkey. 09.29-07.10.2018 Hotel Sueno Hotels Beach, Antalya – football 8×8 competitions, Club Megasaray tennis center, Antalya – tennis competitions, Club Kastalya Hotel, Alania – beach volleyball and beach tennis competitions. The total number of participants – athletes and guests: 800 people.
4. Festival of amateur sports in Turkey. April 26 – May 12, 2019 Asteria Kremlin Palace, Antalya – competitions in football, beach sports (volleyball, football, tennis), tennis. The total number of participants – athletes and guests: 700 people.
5. Open Russian Team Championship in amateur tennis. August 17-19, 2019 Russian Tennis Academy, Moscow, Russia. Competitions with the support of ICAS and Amateur Tour FTR.
6. International Amateur Games ” Belt and Road” BRWAG 2019. October 13-19, 2019. Wenzhou City, China. Approved sports: football, tennis, swimming, table tennis, beach sports. The list of competitions in sports can be extended. Planned number of participants and guests: up to 1000 people. Planned representation: up to 10 countries. The program of the Games includes cultural events: the Opening Ceremonies of the Games, the Awards Ceremony and the closing of the Games, the Sport and Business Conference with the participation of representatives of sports organizations and business communities of China, Russia, the Games participating countries, tourist and entertainment programs. In May 2019 ICAS has signed an Agreement with the Ministry of Sports of China on hosting the “BRWAG 2019” Games. On the Chinese side, the partners are: the Center for International Sports Exchange of the Ministry of Sports of China, the People’s Government of Wenzhou, sports and commercial structures of China. The Chinese side provides 100% of the cost of organizing the competition. Travel and accommodation of participants in the competition are paid by the participants themselves.
Of particular relevance to the 2019 Games in China gives the national strategic project of the People’s Republic of China “ Belt And Road”, including the development of economic and cultural relations of the Eurasian states and supported by many countries, including Russia.